- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Importing Data
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Workbooks Web Insights
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
- Setting up Zaps
- Multistep Zaps
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- System Requirements
- Installation Guide
- First Run Assistant
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Introduction to System Administration
Workbooks has been designed to be easy to run, with minimal need for changes to the Configuration settings once you've gone 'Live' with your implementation but there should always be at least one user who undertakes the role of System Administrator. Users with System Administrator rights can access more areas within Workbooks and can:
- Manage your company's information, including: setting up your Own Organisation(s); Accounting Periods; Exchange Rates; and Sales Tax Codes.
- Manage your Users, including creating new Users and User Groups.
Make sure you're not the only System Administrator, just in case you're not available.
- Manage security, including Permissions and Capabilities; Password Policy; limiting access to a specified set of IP addresses, and controlling access to Databases.
- Manage Email Server settings.
- Manage Documents and Templates.
- Customise the appearance of Workbooks records using Picklists, Custom Fields and Custom Form Layouts.
- Automate processes using Workbooks Automation.
Before starting to use Workbooks it's important to take the time to learn about the System Administrator functionality so that you're familiar with all the areas you can control.
Workbooks provides you with a 5-step Quick Start Wizard to help you get started. If you're the first System Administrator set up for your account, this Wizard will re-appear every time you log in to Workbooks until it has been completed. Similarly, if you create a new database (either an empty database or a copy of one for which the Quick Start Wizard hasn't been completed), you'll see the Wizard. The Wizard guides you through the initial configuration process including:
- Confirming your Own Organisation's name and address.
- Choosing your tax regime and currency.
- Entering your sales tax and company registration numbers.
- Entering your first accounting periods.