What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, subscribe to our blog, respond to a survey, fill out a form or take out a free trial.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number, as appropriate. We may also ask you to provide optional information such as company annual revenues, number of employees or industry.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website - we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service - your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- For marketing purposes - for example, we may send you information regarding Workbooks and its partners, such as details of promotions or events.
- For order processing - the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If you provide credit card information, Workbooks uses this solely to check the financial qualifications and collect payment. Workbooks does not store this information past the point it is used.
We do not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties except to the extent reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described above e.g. to Workbooks authorised partners.
In addition we may disclose personal information where we reasonably believe it is required and expressly permitted under any applicable law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property of safety.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information, in the form of a very small text file, that is placed on your computer's hard drive, or your tablet or smartphone, through your Web browser when you visit a website. Cookies can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
What types of cookies does Workbooks use?
- Statistics - Measuring website traffic i.e. number of visits on the website, which domain the visitors come from, which pages the visitors visit on the website and in which overall geographical area the visitors are located.
- Improvement of the functionality of the website.
Third party cookies
- Google Analytics: for statistical purposes. You can decline cookies from Google Analytics by clicking on this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Google Ads: i.e. for the purpose of displaying relevant advertisements. Workbooks uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third party vendors, including Google, show our adverts on sites across the internet. Workbooks and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website.
- Hubspot: to allow us to understand which of our Marketing channels you came through. For information can be found here.
For more information on Cookies and for details of how to control or delete cookies, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
Please note that if you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, certain parts of our website will not work.
When you visit the Workbooks website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer is registered. The IP address is the numerical address of a computer used when visiting a website. Workbooks uses your IP address to derive the region from which you have visited our site.
Links from our website
Blogs and Forums
We provide the capacity for users to post information in blogs and forums and for sharing information in a public space on the website. This information is publicly available to all users of these forums and visitors to Workbooks. We require registration to publish information, but given the public nature of both platforms we encourage users to be cautious in disclosure of personal information as Workbooks is not responsible for the personal information users elect to disclose.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are aged 13 years and over.
Telephone Recording Policy
Workbooks Online Limited (“Workbooks”) uses a VOIP telephone system in the Company that is capable of recording conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes.
Both inbound and outbound calls maybe recorded by Workbooks and will be retained for a period not exceeding twelve months. These recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000;
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000;
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999;
- The Data Protection Act 1998;
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
Terms and Conditions
"Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website, which can be found here.
Unit 9, Suttons Business Park
Suttons Park Avenue