Back to our Resource Centre

Digital Marketing Agencies Set to Win the War Against Proving ROI

Type: #PR

01 November 2011 – Digital marketing agencies are set to win the war against proving return-on-investment (ROI) to clients with the launch of a free edition of’s web based CRM software targeted at the industry.  

Recent research highlights the increasing demand from data-savvy marketing directors to understand their true conversion rates from SEO and PPC activity. Less than a fifth (18 per cent) of SMEs using Google Adwords recoup the cost of their investment, according to research published by and conducted online by YouGov. The remaining 82 per cent are either not recouping their cost in terms of online sales, or simply don’t know if they are, or not.

These findings demonstrate the need for marketing agencies to find tools that accurately analyse and report back the ROI they are delivering to clients.  Workbooks’ web based CRM software enables the tracking of leads throughout the sales process and identifies exactly which ones convert into a sale – providing the type of qualitative analysis often missing from standard quantitative lead tracking.

Kevin Gibbons, director of search at SEOptimise and customer, explains: “Clients often end up suffering from data-blindness when agencies only provide them with reams of traffic statistics and ranking analysis. What they really want to know is whether their investment is converting into sales, and the tool is invaluable for reporting this information quickly with simple CRM. It’s given us a competitive edge when closing new business and allowed us to enhance our satisfaction levels with existing clients.”

John Cheney, CEO of Workbooks, comments: “Marketing agencies often find themselves fighting a losing battle against the rampant scepticism that exists towards their industry and the real value it delivers.  We’ve recognised that tools currently on the market such as Google Analytics simply don’t provide the depth of lead generation management required for this sector, hence our offer of support through the launch of the free edition.”

Available now, the Free Edition provides two users with access to the full web based CRM software package, which is easy to set up with implementation and training services to get users started. The Free Edition also includes the help and advice of the skilled Workbooks online support team to help answer any queries and to assist you in getting the best out of the system.

About Workbooks is one of the fastest growing providers of web based CRM and business applications designed specifically for small and mid-size organisations.

Headquartered in the UK, our suite of products enables our customers to accelerate sales growth, improve marketing execution, streamline business processes and improve the quality of customer support they deliver.

The Workbooks CRM Edition delivers easy to use sales force automation, marketing management and customer support tools. The Workbooks Business Edition extends CRM to include the generation of transaction documents, such as customer orders, supplier purchase orders and customer invoices.  

Workbooks Press Contacts

Kate Jones / Carolann Bara / Peter Beck / Olivia Calvert

Berkeley PR

0118 9090909